299 Deep Questions to Ask: A Guy, Girl, Friend, or Anyone
Want to get to know someone better? One way is to ask them deep questions. So here are some deep questions you can ask different people—people like your relationship partner, friends, guys, girls, or whoever.
*This page may include affiliate links; that means I earn from qualifying purchases of products.
Maybe you're trying to get to know someone better. Maybe you're trying to make conversations more interesting. Or maybe, you just want to improve your communication skills by asking deep questions. In this article, we'll give you a bunch of questions to ask the different people in your life. We'll cover deep questions that you can ask a guy, a girl, your girlfriend, boyfriend or long-term partner, your friends, your best friend, and yourself.
Before we dive in, we thought you might first be interested in our well-being quiz. Take our quiz to get your free well-being report and resources.
And for our well-being entrepreneurs, coaches, and consultants? You can download our Wellness Business Growth eBook to get expert tips, tools, and resources to make a bigger impact and grow your wellness business fast.
Are You a Therapist, Coach, or Wellness Entrepreneur?
Grab Our Free eBook to Learn How to
Deep Questions to Ask Friends
Maybe you're looking to get to know your friends better. Here are some questions that can help:
- If you could magically change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What do you think of mindfulness?
- Do you think we’d be better off without social media?
- What do you think it means to be healthy?
- What do you love the most in life?
- Do you vote?
- Do you believe in karma?
- What do you think about freedom of speech?
- Do you think there is an afterlife of any kind?
- What do you think about veganism?
- What do you think about the current younger generation?
- Do you think bullies see themselves as bullies?
- Do you tend to trust people?
- Do you feel like men and women are equal?
- Do you think people can change?
- What's your favorite activity to do with friends?
- What's one thing you believe in that's kinda weird?
- Where is your favorite place to go eat?
- What was one of your funniest moments?
- If I asked you, "Who are you?" How would you answer?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Best Friend
Sometimes there are those personal questions that you're just not comfortable asking anyone but your best friend. Here are a few of these extra-deep questions you might want to only ask your best closest friends:
- What do you like about me?
- What are my best qualities?
- What are my worst qualities?
- What aspects of myself do I need to work on to be a better friend?
- What makes you feel comfortable around me?
- What do you think it is about us that made us such good friends?
- Do you have any secrets that you need to get off your chest? If so, I promise to hold them with you.
- Do you think we'll still be friends when we die?
- What do you think your life would be like without me?
- What's one thing you'd like to do together that we haven't yet done?
Video: 40 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone
Deep Questions to Ask Yourself
Last but not least, you may want to ask yourself some deep questions to better get to know yourself. By asking ourselves deep questions we can uncover thoughts and beliefs we didn't even realize we had. So check out these questions you can use to get to know yourself better.
- Do you respect yourself?
- Are you confident? Why or why not?
- Do you like who you are?
- How do you express your emotions?
- What makes you happy?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you forgive those who have hurt you? How?
- Do you think you're brave? Why or why not?
- How do you engage in self-care?
- Do you try to grow and improve your abilities?
- Are you proud of yourself?
- Do you know what you want in life?
- In what ways do you think positively? negatively?
- What's your personal mission statement?
- Do you believe you can manifest your dreams?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What are you thankful for?
- Do you love yourself?
- What are your core values?
- Do you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in the middle?
- What motivates you?
- How do you respond to rejection?
- Do you ever feel shame or guilt? What causes it?
- Do you suppress or express your emotions? Why and how?
- Are you generally present in the moment or do you spend a lot of time in your head?
- Do you have a healthy relationship with your smartphone?
- What makes you feel vulnerable?
- What are your good habits and bad habits?
- What is your true calling?
- What makes you feel empowered? Disempowered?
- What anti-stress strategies help you most?
- Do you ever have FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?
- Do you have any trust issues?
- Do you have an easy or hard time letting go of the past?
- How do you self-soothe when you're upset?
- Do you tend to have a scarcity mindset or an abundance mindset?
- What's your communication style?
- Do you practice random acts of kindness?
- What is your best life?
- What makes you jealous or envious?
- Have you ever faked happiness?
- How secure or insecure do you tend to be in relationships?
- Do you tend to be an optimist or a pessimist?
- How positive are you about your body?
- Have you ever cheated emotionally?
- What are your highest aspirations?
- What negative thoughts do you have? How might you shift them to be more positive?
- What makes you laugh?
- How many hugs do you need each day?
- What brings you the most joy?
More Deep Questions
- What is the most difficult thing you've ever apologized for?
- How do you define work-life balance?
- What is one thing that gives you a sense of awe?
- Have you ever lost yourself? If so, how did you find yourself again?
- Have you ever felt helpless or hopeless? What happened?
- What gives you a sense of inner peace?
- What makes you feel overwhelmed?
- Have you ever been passive aggressive?
- Have you ever been in a toxic relationship? What happened?
- What is one mistake you made that you learned something from?
- Do you procrastinate?
- What is you favorite way to be more productive?
- Do you listen to your intuition?
- What is your go-to topic for small talk?
- Have you ever done a 30-day challenge?
- Have you ever done shadow work?
- Have you ever tried float therapy?
- Do you know yourself? How do you know who you are?
- Do you know what the difference is between your wants and your needs?
- Do you tend to be intrinsically motivated or extrinsically motivated?
- What triggers you?
- Have you ever been to therapy? What did or didn't you like about it?
- Would you consider yourself an extrovert or introvert?
- Has anyone ever guilt tripped you?
- Are you a people pleaser?
- What was the most difficult conversation you ever had?
- Have you ever tried the carnivore diet? Or have you ever tried a vegan diet?
More Articles to Help You Improve Your Social Connections
Here are some more articles that may help you build the skills that support healthy relationships and social bonds.
Final Thoughts on Deep Questions to Ask
Asking deep questions can be a great way to learn more about others, increase closeness between you, and have more interesting conversations. Hopefully, these lists of deep questions gave you a good place to start.
Don't Forget to Grab Our Free eBook to Learn How to
Grow Your Wellness Business Exponentially!
- Aron, A., Melinat, E., Aron, E. N., Vallone, R. D., & Bator, R. J. (1997). The experimental generation of interpersonal closeness: A procedure and some preliminary findings. Personality and social psychology bulletin, 23(4), 363-377.
- Sprecher, S., Treger, S., & Wondra, J. D. (2013). Effects of self-disclosure role on liking, closeness, and other impressions in get-acquainted interactions. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 30(4), 497-514.
Are You a Therapist, Coach, or Wellness Entrepreneur?
Grab Our Free eBook to Learn How to Grow Your Wellness Business Fast!