7 ways to live a life with purpose
People who have a sense of purpose feel that there is some ultimate reason for their existence and so they feel good about how they are living their lives. But what gives people a sense of purpose is different for different people. Below, we explore 7 things that tend to give people a sense of purpose. Which ones work for you?
1. Social Connection - Probably the most important for our sense of purpose is having meaningful connections with others in our personal relationships, local communities, and/or societies.
2. Achievement - Many people feel a heightened sense of purpose from achieving success or power in ways that matter to them.
3. Self-expression - Especially among artists and creatives, the experience of self-expression can be key to gaining a sense of purpose.
4. Excitement - For some, fun, joy, and excitement are what life is all about and can generate a great sense of purpose.
5. Impact - When we do things to positively change the lives of others, we make an impact in ways that boost our sense of purpose.
6. Personal growth - By working on improving ourselves in any way, we can increase our sense of purpose.
7. Recognition - The admiration and attention we get can give us a feeling that we are valued and live a life of purpose.
What gives you a sense of purpose?