20 Best Self-Help Books: Self-Improvement Books You Need Today
Here are 20 of the highest-impact self-improvement books of all time to help you improve yourself and your life. This list includes some of my favorites as well as a few of the best best selling self-help books of all time.
*This page may include affiliate links; that means I earn from qualifying purchases of products.
What Are the Best Self-Help Books Available Now?
Every since starting to writing my own self-help book, Outsmart Your Smartphone, I have developed this hobby of reading new self-help books and writing about them on my blog. So this means I read quite a lot of self-help books. And because I've worked in self-help/wellness for roughly 2 decades, I generally know what's been done before and which self-help books offer something new and impactful. So I figured I'd share that with you. This way you can find the books that hopefully teach you something new and helpful.
Top 20 Self-Help Books
1. Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
A few quick tips from the self-help book, Burnout:
2. Everything Is Figureoutable
3. Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness
4. The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
The 4-Hour Workweek Animated Book Summary:
5. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
6. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
7. The Stress-Proof Brain: Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity
8. The Kindfulness Solution: Transforming Your Body and Life Through Greater Awareness and Self-Compassion
9. The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative
10. True You: A Self-Discovery Journal of Prompts and Exercises to Inspire Reflection and Growth
11. Dirty Genes: A Breakthrough Program to Treat the Root Cause of Illness and Optimize Your Health
12. Activating Happiness: A Jump-Start Guide to Overcoming Low Motivation, Depression, or Just Feeling Stuck
13. Log Off: How to Stay Connected After Disconnecting
14. Period Power: Harness Your Hormones and Get Your Cycle Working for You
15. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
16. The Kindness Cure: How the Science of Compassion Can Heal Your Heart and Your World
17. Insight: The Surprising Truth About How Others See Us, How We See Ourselves, and Why the Answers Matter More Than We Think
18. Brain Body Diet: 40 Days to a Lean, Calm, Energized, and Happy Self
19. Reinforcements: How to Get People to Help You
20. Imperfect Courage: Live a Life of Purpose by Leaving Comfort and Going Scared
About Dr. Tchiki Davis
Dr. Davis is founder of The Berkeley Well-Being Institute. After getting her PhD in psychology at Berkeley, she started creating online content & programs to boost well-being—some of these have reached more than a million people. As author of Outsmart Your Smartphone, and contributor to Psychology Today, The Greater Good Science Center, and Shine Text, Dr. Davis aims to share her insights on happiness & health with people all across the world. Learn more about Dr. Davis.