Nathalie Boutros, Ph.D.
Nathalie Boutros is a freelance writer living in San Diego, California. She has a Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Auckland and completed postdoctoral training in the Psychiatry department at UC San Diego. Her professional interests include the psychology of choice, neuroscience, psychopharmacology, and lifespan development. She enjoys hiking, water-color painting and learning languages.
- Researcher in behavioral neuroscience, psychopharmacology, and addiction
- Certified California naturalist involved in community outreach for environmental nonprofits
- Educator for children with developmental disabilities
- Boutros, N., Der-Avakian, A., Kesby, J. P., Lee, S., Markou, A., & Semenova, S. (2018). Effects of adolescent alcohol exposure on stress-induced reward deficits, brain CRF, monoamines and glutamate in adult rats. Psychopharmacology, 235, 737-747.
- Boutros, N., Semenova, S., & Markou, A. (2016). Adolescent alcohol exposure decreased sensitivity to nicotine in adult Wistar rats. Addiction Biology, 21(4), 826-834.
- Boutros, N., Semenova, S., & Markou, A. (2014). Adolescent intermittent ethanol exposure diminishes anhedonia during ethanol withdrawal in adulthood. European Neuropsychopharmacology, 24(6), 856-864.